Kids love to follow recipes that are colorful and sweet…and the more creative the better!
And who can blame them? Part of the joy of cooking is getting lost in the process, and getting excited to eat what you make! We like to find recipes that check all the right boxes, including one of our own. Health!
Yogurt bark fruit bars can be made with all kinds of healthy ingredients, but we like to keep the ingredients simple. That way there’s plenty of time to let your mini chef create their own masterpiece!
What you need to make healthy yogurt bark fruit bars:
- A selection of fruit
- Optional toppings: nuts, seeds, raisins
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Butter knife(s)
- Cutting board(s)
How to make healthy yogurt bark fruit bars:
- Put parchment paper on the baking sheets.
- Prepare the fruit by chopping it into small pieces.
- Spread the yogurt in thick layers over the baking sheets.
- Sprinkle the fruit and toppings onto the yogurt.
- Put them into the freezer overnight.
- Break them up into bars and enjoy!
Step 4 is the time to let your mini chef get funky! Why not mix and match flavor combinations, create a smiley face using berries or make a pattern using seeds? If you’re looking for a few more ideas there are many variations of this recipe available by some hard working mommy bloggers! We like Mom Foodie’s healthy blackberry greek yogurt bark, where she blends up some of the ingredients to create a vibrant purple colored bark! Lunch + littles used her imagination and a little food coloring to create a unicorn bark that’s bright pink, purple, and blue…I mean…yum!