I love eating pancakes, but I’ve always struggled to make sure they are balanced and nutritious in the mornings.
Since most of us are busy, we fail to include fiber, protein and healthy fats in our diets on a daily basis. However, after much research and trial and error- I have curated the perfect pancake recipe that can be done in just under 20 minutes. It is important to have recipes on hand composed of affordable and widely available ingredients!
I have found an awesome recipe that is tasty and energizing for the body, the perfect plate of pancakes to start any kid’s day.
A bonus: this recipe is also great for anyone who is celiac or gluten intolerant. Instead of flour, oatmeal is used as a great substitute and is a complex carbohydrate, meaning it takes longer for the body to break it down and keeps you and your little one full for longer!
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups Oat flour/ oatmeal (add more if consistency is too thin)
- 2 tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- X1 banana
- 1 cup Any plant based milk
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
Optional: 1 scoop of Vanilla Protein powder of choice
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until well blended.
- Then grease a non-stick pan with butter or ghee on low heat and pour the batter onto the pan to make bite-sized pancakes. This makes it easier to flip, and is kid friendly!
- Cook each side of the pancake for 2-3 minutes or until there are visible bubbles on the raw side, then use a spatula to flip it.
When cooked through, serve the pancakes on a plate, drizzle with maple syrup, top with berries and peanut butter!
For more amazing, easy recipes, visit the rest of Langmobile’s Blog page!