Online learning has become increasingly popular in recent years
Why the surge of interest in online learning? Well, we can not argue that the pandemic was a turning point.
The advantages of online learning for kids and young teenagers are countless, including flexibility, personalized learning, and access to a wider range of educational resources.
- A variety that traditional brick-and-mortar learning can’t always offer.
- Convenience any time anywhere.
- Children learn at their own pace with personalized learning
One of the most significant benefits for kids is flexibility. With online classes, students can learn at their own pace and on their own schedule.
They can work on assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for them, which allows for greater time management skills and the ability to balance schoolwork with other fun activities!
Personalized learning is another advantage. With access to a range of educational resources, students can learn at their own level and explore topics that interest them.
One-on-one tutoring is an option, and the flexibility in changing a tutor that best meets
the needs of your child’s background is an added value of online learning.
This is a luxury that is unable to be met by structured school systems.
This personalized approach to learning can help students feel more engaged and motivated to learn, leading to improved academic performance and general absorption of information.
Online learning also offers students access to a wider range of educational resources than they may have in a traditional classroom setting. With the internet at their fingertips, students can access educational videos.
Here are some examples!
- Khan Academy Kids: This platform offers interactive educational games, books, and videos for children ages 2-7. It covers subjects such as math, reading, and social-emotional learning.
- ABCmouse: This platform is geared towards children ages 2-8 and offers a comprehensive curriculum covering subjects like reading, math, science, and art. It uses interactive games and animations to make learning fun.
- Scratch: This platform is designed to teach kids how to code through interactive projects and games. It’s ideal for children ages 8-16 and helps build critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Duolingo: This platform is great for kids who want to learn a new language. It uses fun, interactive games and exercises to teach languages such as Spanish, French, and German.
- YouTube Kids: This is a kid-friendly version of YouTube that features educational videos, music, and entertainment content that is appropriate for children. It’s a great way for kids to learn about a variety of subjects, from science and history to music and art.
- Langmobile: Last but not least, us! Here at Langmobile our mission is to educate through various games & activities, based on connection & immersion. Come give our Online Classes a try!
Online learning is here to stay, and will therefore remain an integral part of the educational experience for students of all ages due to its accessibility and affordability.
Did you enjoy this type of content? Visit Langmobile’s Blog for more!